How to Add, Change, and Transfer Domain in Hostinger?
If you read our Hostinger review or our top web hosting list, you know Hostinger is the best hosting for beginners or small site owners. Following that, if you bought a Hostinger plan, congratulations on a fast/faster website!
Actually, advanced congrats on the website because if you are reading this, the website isn’t ready yet. You are confused about adding, changing, or transferring your domain/website to Hostinger. Well, that confusion will be over in a couple of minutes when we’ll give you step by step guide for all three.
Adding a domain in Hostinger
To add a domain in Hostinger, open hPanel after purchasing your preferred plan.
- Click on Hosting; there, you’ll see the plan you purchased.
- Besides the plan’s name, you’ll see “+ Add Website.” Click on it and add your domain.
That’s it. You have added your domain. By “adding a website,” if you meant changing Nameservers, that’s a different story.
Changing a domain in Hostinger
If you want to change the primary domain in your Hostinger account, the first thing you need to make sure of is to have that domain on Hostinger. If it isn’t, follow the above procedure and add it.
Then, follow these steps:
- Go to Hosting > Manage.
- Under the Order category, you’ll see Set Main Domain.
- On clicking it, you will see a dropdown list option. Select the domain you wish to set as the primary domain.
- That’s it. Your primary domain is changed.
Transfer domain in Hostinger
Transferring domain in Hostinger is also as simple as adding or changing it.
- Go to Domain Transfer.
- Enter the domain name you wish to transfer to your Hostinger account.
- Click Transfer.
- You’ll be asked to enter something called an EPP code, which you’ll have to obtain from your current domain registrar. EPP (Extensible Provisioning Protocol) code — alternatively known as transfer secret — is a random & complex code generated by a domain registrar to keep domain transfer smooth and secure.
- The code will be sent to your registered email. Just confirm it, and BOOM, the domain transfer is successful.
Thanks to the well-thought-out hPanel, doing things like adding, changing, transferring, or deleting a domain/website on Hostinger is pretty easy. Everything is labeled & placed where you’d expect it to be.
Still, it’s natural to get confused if it’s your first time using a hosting control panel like Hostinger’s hPanel. In such a case, you can always read tutorials & guides like ours; or simply ask the hosting provider’s customer support to help you — if it’s a good support team such as Hostinger’s, managing your own hosting will be a smooth ride.