How to Install WordPress in Hostinger?
Hostinger is arguably the best web hosting for beginners. For mere 59 rupees monthly, you get all beginner-level features like 10 GB storage, 100 GB bandwidth, free professional email account, free SSL certificate, and more.
Another reason it’s the best for novices is its approach with UI & UX. Anyone — techie or not — can manage a website on Hostinger, thanks to its hPanel, knowledgebase, and supportive customer support.
Moreover, Hostinger is a well-known web hosting provider; therefore, solutions to common problems are readily available on the internet. One example is this article itself.
Because WordPress is the no.1 CMS & popular amongst beginners, the majority of Hostinger users use WordPress. But beginners are beginners, i.e., inexperienced with control panels like the easy-to-use hPanel, so it’s natural to face basic issues like not being able to install WordPress. If you are one such newcomer, no worries, you’ll have your answer in a minute.
Install WordPress in Hostinger- Auto Installer (The Simplest way)
You can install WordPress easily using Auto Installer. Just follow the following steps:
- Log in to hPanel from hpanel.hostinger.com.
- Find the Website section under your hosting account for the website you wish to install WordPress on.
- The first option there will be Auto Installer. Click it.
- You will see multiple CMS options, including WordPress, WooCommerce, Joomla, and Others (OpenCart, LiveSite, PrestaShop, etc.).
- Obviously, select WordPress.
- You’ll be asked to enter your admin username, password, and email on the next step. Enter it, and click Install.
That’s it. Your WordPress site’s ready to rock!
Manual WordPress installation - A slightly long process to install
If the Auto Installer doesn’t seem to work somehow or you want to learn installing WordPress on the server manually, you can follow the following steps:
- Download the latest WordPress version from wordpress.org. Then, extract it. All these extracted files will go under the hosting server’s public_html file.
- But first, you need to create a database & connect your WordPress to that database.
Creating a database
- Simply log in to hPanel, and click on MySQL Databases under Databases.
- Then, create a database. And don’t forget to note the database name, username, and password you type.
wp-config.php contains crucial information about the database and allows WordPress to communicate with it to store and retrieve data (e.g., Posts, Pages, Users, Settings, etc.). Follow these steps to edit this file & connect your WordPress with the newly created database:
- In the hPanel, click on File Manager under Files.
- Locate the wp-config-sample.php file under your WordPress installation folder in public_html. Rename it to wp-config.php.
- Right-click on wp-config and edit the following details in the file:
define( 'DB_NAME', 'database_name_here' );
define( 'DB_USER', 'username_here' );
define( 'DB_PASSWORD', 'password_here' );
As mentioned, replace the database_name_here, username_here, and password_here with the credentials you used when creating your database.
- Save changes.
- Now, just type in your site’s URL on a web browser and run WordPress installation.
Vola! Your WordPress installation is successful.
Installing WordPress on Hostinger is pretty straightforward. Just use the Auto Installer feature & have a WordPress-ready site in a minute. If it doesn’t seem to work, contact their 24/7 live chat support or manually install WordPress using the steps mentioned above. That’s it.